Here are 5:
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl: the psychology of survival and finding strength to live in circumstances where most would give up. It is written as a real life story by a psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor. It is also one of the most humbling reading experiences of my life. I recommend it to every human being.
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer: a roadmap to achieving happiness, an exploration of what letting go can do to one’s life (it’s not what you think! so be prepared to be challenged as you read this), and a discovery of what happens when we tune out the noise of our busy lives.
- The Untethered Soul (also) by Michael A. Singer: transforming your relationship with yourself and the world around you, a practical guide to letting go of painful experiences, living mindfully, and freeing yourself from habitual thoughts, emotions and energies that limit your growth, your work, and the quality of your life.
- Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm by Thich Nhat Hanh: a practical guide to finding peace, reducing our daily stress levels and overcoming fears, written in a voice that is kind, calm, reassuring, and wise – a true mark of a spiritual leader.
- Mastery by Robert Greene: a book that in essence debunks the myth that it takes a genius with innate talent to produce work of timeless quality. Greene gives examples of some of the biggest minds through history, and shows us that it is focus, true passion and most of all dedicating ourselves to doing deep work that can make us successful in what we do.