Any question that shows your enthusiasm for the role and the company, and that emphasizes your proactive approach during the interview process.
Here are some ideas:
Questions about the role
- What kind of candidate in your opinion would thrive in this role?
- What would you see as the top priorities in the first few months in this role?
- Tell me a little bit about the corporate culture and what kind of employees you consider a good fit for this company.
Questions focused on strategy
- What is your vision for this team, how do you see its role in the company change or grow in 2 (or 5) years from now?
- Can you give me an example of how senior leadership has supported this team in the past year?
- When you came on board, what were the challenges you faced in the first 6 months in the role?
Questions about the interview and asking for feedback
- Based on our conversation, which strengths or skills I shared with you would make me a good fit for the team?
- If you had any reservations about hiring me for this role, what would those be?
- What are the next steps; when do you expect to reach a decision? Are you looking to extend an offer in the next week or so, or do you expect the process to take a month or longer?