Here are 5 book recommendations that can challenge your mind and help you redefine the concepts of success and happiness:
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl: the psychology of survival and finding strength to live in circumstances where most would give up. It is written as a real life story by a psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor. It is also one of the most humbling reading experiences of my life. I recommend it to every human being.
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer: a roadmap to achieving happiness, an exploration of what letting go can do to one’s life (it’s not what you think! so be prepared to be challenged as you read this), and a discovery of what happens when we tune out the noise of our busy lives.
- The Untethered Soul (also) by Michael A. Singer: transforming your relationship with yourself and the world around you, a practical guide to letting go of painful experiences, living mindfully, and freeing yourself from habitual thoughts, emotions and energies that limit your growth, your work, and the quality of your life.
- Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Happiness by Tal Ben-Shahar, one of Harvard University’s most popular lecturers. Treat happiness not like an end goal, but like a habit by actively working on becoming happier every day.
- Choose the Life You Want: The Way To Lasting Happiness Moment by Moment (also) by Tal Ben-Shahar. This is another book on positive psychology with many examples of how you can apply this concept to your daily life.